Uluwatu – Bukit Bali Indonesia
If you’re in search of picture-perfect white sand beaches, beach barbecues, excellent surfing and world class cultural experiences with a view, you can’t miss this popular area of Bali.
Reasons to Visit or Stay in Uluwatu:
- Uluwatu Temple sunset ceremony
- Jungle hiking
- Relax at Blue Point
- Endless left hand waves
- Array of gorgeous beaches
- Cliffside beach and sunset views
Best Things to Do in Uluwatu:
- Surf! While not for beginners, Uluwatu offers some of the best waves in Bali. Head to Uluwatu Beach, Padang Padang, Balangan, Bingin, and Blue Point (aka Suluban Beach) for the best results.
- Relax. Private beaches at Karma Kandara and Finn’s Beach Club offer calmer ocean conditions, and even SUP or kayaking during high tide. Entrance fee, typically around 250,000 IDR per person, includes a food and drink credit, as well as access to sun beds and equipment. Pro tip: get here early, and stay for sunset!
- Enjoy a seafood barbecue at Jimbaran Bay. If you like the idea of fresh fish under the stars, grab a taxi or take a short motorbike ride to Jimbaran Bay, where beachside restaurants are a dime a dozen!
- See the Kecak Fire Dance! Held daily at 6pm at Uluwatu Temple, Kecak is based on the Hindu story of the Ramayana and includes chanting, exquisite costumes and a dramatic dance performance, not to mention excellent views of the sunset.
- Spend an afternoon or evening at Blue Point. With nearly unbeatable views of the surfers below, this is an excellent spot to enjoy an ice cold Bintang, listen to music and have a meal with friends or family while enjoying panoramic views of the Indian Ocean. We love the Single Fin deck during evening hours!
- Live large. If you can afford to splurge on accommodations, this is one of the best areas of the island to do it! Resorts in Uluwatu regularly push the envelope for world class design, comfort, food and amenities, and views from the many world class infinity pools are truly stunning.
We hope you enjoy exploring the gorgeous sites of Uluwatu, and make sure to stay tuned for the latest information and happenings in the area! Enjoy the video below from a recent sunset in Uluwatu.
More about Uluwatu Bali
Blue Point and Surfing Uluwatu
Uluwatu Temple and Parties