Canggu – Bali Indonesia
Reasons to Visit or Stay in Canggu:
- Surfing – good for beginners and advanced surfers
- Sunset at Echo Beach
- Beautiful views of rice fields
- Small-town vibe
- Shopping events
- Excellent cafes, coffee shops and cocktail bars
- Designer accommodation options
Best Things To Do in Canggu:
- Learn to surf, or enjoy the surf! Experienced surfers will enjoy conditions on Echo Beach, while beginners should plan to take a lesson on the neighboring beach off of Batu Bolong, which offers safer conditions for those looking to give it a try.
- Happy hour at Old Man’s. A family-friendly spot during the daytime that morphs into a popular party hangout after sunset, Old Man’s offers good food, good music, and fun events several nights a week, including international beer pong, dirty disco, drink specials and DJ sets.
- Enjoy a seafood barbecue at Echo Beach Club. Take a quick motorbike ride to Echo Beach, where you’ll find a cozy row of oceanfront bean bags and candlelit tables, perfect for enjoying a Bintang and some freshly grilled seafood. Head to the back counter to pick out your own fish, and get there early to snag a great spot for sunset while you watch the evening surfers in the distance.
- Have brunch at Crate. An Aussie hangout if there ever was one, head to Crate Cafe for a delicious, giant-sized brekkie and juice. The food options are delicious, the music is excellent, the price isn’t outrageous and the wait is always worth it.
- Head to Tanah Lot Temple. Bali’s most famous temple, Tanah Lot is a quick ride from Canggu. While sunset offers the best views, it also brings the most crowds. Time your visit with low tide, and remember to dress appropriately.
- Browse the Canggu Markets. Held every last Saturday of the month at Old Man’s and weekly on Sundays at Love Anchor Canggu, get here early for great deals on clothing, jewelry, artwork, swimwear, local produce, food items, beach gear, and more.
- Get caffeinated at Machinery Bali Cafe. Excellent service and amazing coffee from local, hardworking individuals. Head here to enjoy a hearty morning wake-up (and red velvet cupcakes).
Where to Stay in Canggu:
Located only a 2 minute drive from Canggu Club, we highly recommend staying at Desa Seni if your budget allows for it. With multiple daily yoga classes, authentic Balinese accommodations, a spa, restaurant, onsite garden and amazing pool, it’s the best place to experience an authentic side of Bali with the modern amenities that make for a comfortable stay.
Canggu seems to be the new hotspot to work as a digital nomad, perhaps for its easy-going beach locale, trendy coworking space and less crowded atmosphere, so if you’re looking for an extended stay and don’t mind being a motorbike ride away from the hustle and bustle of Seminyak or Ubud, consider this area. Whatever your reason for visiting, don’t miss Canggu, which is sure to blow up in popularity in the coming years.